Follow Lewis’ journey on twitter:
British Cycling 2018 HSBC UK | BMX National Series.
The series will once again comprise of 12 rounds, beginning at the indoor BMX track at the National Cycling Centre in March for rounds one and two.
The national series then tours around BMX tracks nationwide visiting Glasgow, Leicester BMX Club, Telford BMX Club, Kent’s Cyclopark before concluding at Gosport BMX Club.
The British championships will then be held at Blackpool, on 15-16 September.
British National BMX Series Dates:
10-11 March: Rounds one and two
National Cycling Centre, Manchester – Completed Round One with A Final Finish in 3rd place – Round Two another A Final Finish in 3rd place
21-22 April: Rounds three and four
Leicester- race postponed
26-27 May: Rounds five and six
16-17 June: Rounds seven and eight
4-5 August: Rounds nine and ten
25-26 August: Rounds 11 and 12
British Cycling National BMX Championships
North Region BMX Series
Lewis raced in the 2017 North Region BMX Series and finished 1st overall in his age category.
In 2017 this was held at Bruntwood BMX Track – which Lewis Won and came 1st with a 1N Plate
Achievements so far:
- Lewis was selected by British Cycling to represent Great Britain in the 2015 UCI BMX World Championships which was held at the former F1 track Circuit Zolder Begium.
- Lewis finished 2nd overall in the North Region series of races in 2015.
- Lewis finished 13th overall in the National series of races in 2015.
- Lewis finished 3rd overall in the North Region series of races in 2016.
- Lewis finished 15th overall in the National series of races in 2016.
- Lewis has the expertise and 1 to 1 training from the World No 1, Cal Strickland for 2017/2018 season.
- Lewis won the Club Championships hosted at Knowsley BMX Track in 2016
- Lewis finished 9th overall in the National Series of races in 2017.
- Lewis finished 1st overall in the North Region series of races in 2017
- Lewis has been selected to represent Great Britain in the UCI BMX World Championships in Baku in June 2018.